Over the weekend I had a bit of a breakdown over moving to Kansas. Unfortunately my husband, as hard as he might try to understand, just won’t ever understand how hard it is for me to leave Washington. That in itself made it even worse for me, feeling so alone and just devastated that I was leaving. I don’t particularly want to get into the reasons as to why I am upset to be leaving, but to summarize it as easily as I can…I put down roots, and never expected to move out of this house after my first husband passed away. Change is extremely hard for me right now.
Ok, that being said, I have to make myself be happy about it. I AM excited to move to a new place, as hard and as daunting as it may be. I have to force myself to think positively, otherwise I will just be miserable the whole damn time. I decided to make a list of things I am looking forward to with our move to Kansas:
- Beautiful, gorgeous sunsets that we can see for miles
- Four seasons!!
- Having my husband home every night for dinner (unless he’s deployed or working, but home about 99 % of the time)
- Sleeping in the same bed as my husband
- No utilities!!! (yes, we have no utilities living on post unless our electric bill goes above the average. This will actually save us $3-400/month!)
- Being close to the grocery store/commissary/exchange so that we can walk and get things if we need
- Having a free pool/fitness/community center right down the road. No more gym fees!
- Possibly having a white Christmas
- Kansas…it’s the Wizard of Oz. ‘Nuff said.
- Having our family together after 9 months of marriage
- Making new friends!!!
- Being able to take pictures like this: